Partner Grants - Household Support Fund

Closed 31 Mar 2024

Opened 3 Oct 2023


This scheme is funded through Round 4 of the Household Support Fund (HSF). 

Funding has been allocated to target support to specific groups, in alignment with HSF guidance. More specifically, these are:

  • Households with children,
  • Households with pensioners,
  • Unpaid carers,
  • Care leavers,
  • Households with disabled people.

Community partners will be invited to submit applications for grant funding, outlining specific services or projects that will be delivered to directly support these groups. This will ensure support can be targeted to key groups who need support.

Phase 1

There is a total of £75,000 available, split in to £15,000 per target group.

Programme details

We are looking to support local community organisations and services that can provide direct and meaningful support to households struggling with the cost of living. In particular we want our partners to set out what they can do to specifically to support households with children, pensioners, unpaid carers, care leavers or disabled people.

Organisations should be able to demonstrate and set out clearly what support they can provide through either enhancing existing services, increasing their capacity or providing new interventions directly to any of those target groups.

We would expect services or projects to provide two elements:

  • practical support such as access to food, household essentials,
  • Intervention based activities such as budgeting support or improving access to support services as examples

We also expect successful applications to work with us to provide digital inclusion / learning opportunities through those engaging with services.  Sessions would be delivered through a partner with grant recipients proactively working with the council to encourage uptake and access to sessions.

Who can apply?

Charities, Not for Profit organisations, CIOs and community groups that meet our eligibility criteria, and support people within South Ribble.

What type of funding can be applied for?

£15,000 is allocated to each target group and dependant on the applications received, these may be awarded as single grants to one community partner or agency or split across numerous smaller and more focused grants.

Organisations can apply to support more than one target group but for no more than £30,000 in total.

Funding will be awarded to cover the costs of projects / services that can provide practical support for any of the following:

  • Households with children,
  • Households with pensioners,
  • Unpaid carers,
  • Care leavers,
  • Households with disabled people.

Organisations awarded funding will be able to use 6% of the total grant for administration costs. The remaining 94% must be directly used to deliver their project/service and practical support.

Grants will be awarded on an ongoing basis and will close once all funding has been spent. 

Full guidance can be found in the document attached at the bottom of this page. 


  • South Ribble